A couple of days ago you requested an unlock code for your LG through doctorSIM and it has now arrived in your inbox. In a matter of minutes, you are finally going to be set free from the network you purchased the phone from. Poor coverage, terrible customer service, and expensive phone bills will soon be a distant memory. Your new carrier ticks all the right boxes and is a match made in heaven.
All that remains to reach the promised land is to insert the unlock code. But as you prepare to type the numbers one by one you stop as you realize you don’t know where to type them.
Don’t worry, this is a common issue. For most phone makes, you are automatically prompted for the unlock code when you insert your new carrier’s SIM card. For iPhones, it is even easier as an unlock code isn’t required as the unlocking is completed by connecting to iTunes.
For LG phones, however, things are a little trickier as you need to access a hidden menu. Below we have listed five ways to access the hidden menu on your LG so you can type the unlock code:
1. Type 2945#*model_number# without a SIM card inserted or with the SIM card of the network carrier to which the LG is locked. You can find the model of your device on the sticker under the battery or under Settings. For example: If you have an LG 714 type 2945#*714#
2. Type 2945#*71001# on your phone.
3. Install the ‘LauncherPro’ application from Google Play:
- Once installed, press your LG’s Home and Start buttons and then select ‘LauncherPro’ on the window that appears.
- Now, press any empty space on the home screen and don’t let go until a new window opens. Select Direct Access.
- Press ‘Activities’ and then wait for a few seconds.
- Scroll down the list of options and select ‘com.lge.hiddenpersomenu’.
- Type the name the system prompts you for to gain direct access.
- To access the hidden menu, press the direct access you’ve just created.
- Select ‘Network Lock’. Here you can unlock your LG.
4. Go to Settings->Security->Sim card lock. Type in the unlock code and press OK.
5. Insert a SIM card from a network carrier different to the one the phone is locked to and check it prompts for the network unlock code without the need to access a hidden menu.
As you can see, accessing the hidden menu on your LG is very straightforward and is a minor detour on the road to unlocking the phone. However, if you experience any obstacles on your journey contact our customer support team for assistance.
For more information: Unlock LG online