Due to the amount of confusion surrounding how to unlock an Android phone locked to either the T-Mobile or MetroPCS network with the Device Unlock App, we’ve decided to post another article on the subject. This is the only method that works for Alcatel, HTC, Huawei, Kyocera, LG, Motorola, Samsung, Sony, and ZTE devices that do not prompt for the unlock code. We’ve also made a short video, which you can view further below, to make certain you know what to do.
First, check to make sure your phone can be unlocked using the Device Unlock App as not all phones can be unlocked using this method. Open the Applications icon on your phone to see if the network has pre-installed the Device Unlock App on your phone. Do you see it? If you do see the application, great, skip to the instructions further below.
NOTE: If you don’t have the app on your phone, you can still unlock the device the traditional way selecting either our Standard or Premium Service. However, the phone must prompt for the unlock code. If it doesn’t, unfortunately, your phone cannot be unlocked via IMEI.
Now you have confirmed that your phone can be unlocked using the Device Unlock App, follow the simple instructions below:
1. Process your unlock request through doctorSIM. Select the make of your phone, then the T-Mobile or MetroPCS network, and finally our Device Unlock App Service. DO NOT choose any other service as this is the ONLY method that will unlock your phone with the Device Unlock App pre-installed by T-Mobile or MetroPCS.
2. Once processed, you will shortly receive an e-mail informing you that the phone’s IMEI number has been registered as unlocked on the T-Mobile or MetroPCS server.
3. Insert your new SIM card.
4. Open the Device Unlock App and select the “Permanent Unlock” option to complete the process.
5. The following message will appear on screen: “Unlock Approved: Mobile device is permanently unlocked.”
6. Press “Restart Now” to begin using your phone on any other GSM network in the world.
Below are the most common phone unlockings using the application:
- Unlock your phone from T-Mobile using the Device Unlock App with doctorSIM, we’ll help you through the process from start to finish.
- You also have all the information you need to unlock your phone from MetroPCS with the Device Unlock App installed.
If you require any help unlocking your Android phone from T-Mobile or MetroPCS, or any device for that matter, contact us 24/7 by telephone, e-mail or chat. We’ll be more than happy to assist you.
For more information: Unlock your phone with the Device Unlock App